The Health and Wellness Institute has a number of ongoing grants which have attracted funds from a number of external organisations.
- 2012-2014: Can exercise ameliorate treatment toxicity during the initial phase of testosterone suppression in prostate cancer patients; is this more effective than delayed rehabilitation and what is the time course and persistence of benefits? Cancer Australia Priority Driven Collaborative Cancer Research Scheme, $446,276.
- 2012-2014: Efficacy and safety of a modular multi-modal exercise program in prostate cancer patients with bone, $296,820.
- 2012: Actigraph Physical Activity Monitoring System. Prostate Cancer Foundation of Australia – Equipment Grant, $33,000.
- 2012-2013: Whole-Body Vibration Treatment in Prostate Cancer Survivors on Androgen Suppression Therapy. Australian Unity Heritage Fellowship, $54,439.
- 2012-2013: Rev Up! - a pilot church-based healthy lifestyle intervention. Uniting Church in Australia, $53,000.
- 2012-2013: Efficacy of an oncologist recommended exercise program on cancer related fatigue in breast cancer patients undergoing radical radiotherapy. Edith Cowan University Early Career Research Grant, $25,000.
- 2012-2013: Exercise and Nutrition Intervention for Patient’s with Psoriasis. Abbott Australasia, $175,369.
- 2011-2014: Spinal Cord Injury Collaborative Research: A partnership between Spinal Cord Injury Australia and Edith Cowan University, $581,189.
- 2011-2014: Postdoctoral Research Fellowship – Exercise as Medicine for Cancer, The Cancer Council of Western Australia, $250,000.
- 2011-2014: Exercise is Medicine, Australian Federal Government’s Collaborative Research Networks (CRN) Program, $988,188.
- 2011-2013: Proscan for Life: A Multimodal Supportive Care Intervention for Men with Prostate Cancer, Cancer Council Australia/Beyond Blue, $598,194.
- 2011-2012: Exercise Training to Improve Physical Functioning and Exercise Adoption in Lung Cancer Survivors: a Randomized Controlled Trial, Edith Cowan University Early Career Research Grant Scheme, $24,960.
- 2011-2012: Whole-Body Vibration Treatment in Breast Cancer Survivors on Aromatase Inhibitor Therapy, Cancer Council of Western Australia, $24,850.
- 2010-2013: Feasibility and efficacy of resistance exercise in prostate cancer survivors with bone metastases , Cancer Council of Western Australia, $25,080.
- 2010-2011: Equipment Grant pQCT XCT 3000 Clinical, Prostate Cancer Foundation of Australia, $80,000.
- 2010-2011: Exercise for the Management of Lympoedema in Breast Cancer Survivors, University of Canberra, DVCR Research Fellowship, $21,923.
- 2010-2011: Exercise as Medicine for Management of Lymphoedema in Breast Cancer Survivors, Edith Cowan University, $24,993.
- 2010-2011: Mechanical Specificity of Weightlifting Movement , National Strength and Conditioning Association, $14,950 USD.
- 2010: Efficacy and safety of high versus low intensity resistance exercise in breast cancer, Cancer Council of Western Australia and Queensland, $100,350.
- 2009-2012: Lucrin Exercise Trial, Abbotts Australia, $174,856.
- 2009-2012: RADAR - Population based exercise intervention for Prostate Cancer Patients (PCFA Young Investigator Grant), Prostate Cancer Foundation of Australia, $432,750.
- 2009-2011: A Phase III Clinic Trial of exercise modalities on treatment side-effects in men receiving therapy for prostate cancer, National Health And Medical Research Centre, $500,000.
- 2009-2010: Lucrin Exercise Support, Abbotts Australia, $100,390.
- 2008-2011: Promoting Physical Activity to Improve the Outcomes of Depression in Later Life (Activedep), Healthways, $359,927.